Monday, July 21, 2008

Runnin' Wild in the Summer

The last few days I’ve been playing Airbourne’s Runnin’ Wild CD in my car. This may prove to be a bit of a mistake during the summer months, as my foot tends to fall a little too hard on the accelerator when listening. It’s just that kind of disc. Turn it on, turn it up, and try to take your time – it will be difficult when listing to Runnin’ Wild. Hailing from Australia, Airborne offer us sounds of much needed no nonsense hard-hitting rock and roll. Running Wild is a fantastic listen from start to finish.

There are going to be obvious comparisons to ACDC. The raspy voice of lead vocalist Joel O’Keefe, the catchy guitar riffs and even the solos sound “ACDC’ish”. Despite of this, it still sounds fresh to me. There isn’t a ballad or mid tempo track on the album, it’s one ear catchy hard rocker after another. If there is one criticism of the album, it is just that, the band starts to sound a bit like a one trick pony. But hey, it works for ACDC, and I love the sound of this band, and I love this album. Grade A.

I look forward to hearing future albums from Airbourne and hope their success and following continues to grow in North America.

Favorite Tracks: Stand Up for Rock and Roll, Runnin’ Wild, Diamond in the Rough, Fat City

1 comment:

Mr. Mike said...

Thanks for the review! I've heard two songs, I thought "Diamond in The Rough" was a killer track. The video was pretty great too. I'll have to think about this one now. A lot of good music out this year!