Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Alice Cooper Thoughts

I bought Alice Cooper tickets a few days ago. He in an artist I always wanted to see perform, and despite the fact he has been in my neck of the woods a few times, I have continued to miss each show. So this time I won’t be denied and already have my tickets for an October concert. I have only ever owned three Alice Cooper albums, 1986’s Constrictor, A Fist Full of Alice (live) and the Beast of Alice Cooper (a compilation), none of which I have loved, but all have enjoyed. However, he is one artist whose persona intrigues me as much as his music. I love listening to an Alice Cooper interview. He is intelligent and well spoken and speaks of Alice as another person. Alice is merely a character he created and continues to perform.

Alice Cooper’s career continues to thrive. He continues to record, tour and hosts a great syndicated radio show called Nights with Alice Cooper. My favorite part of the show is Alice’s interviews. Hearing Alice chat with other classic rockers and share stories is fascinating. It's much better than a conventional interview with just another media personality.

As I write this now I am listening to his newest CD, Along Came a Spider, that it set to be released on July 29th. However, it is available to listen to in its entirety right now on Alice’s MySpace page. I won’t review it just yet, but I will probably get a copy and give it a few good listens before the show, as I am sure he will perform some new tracks. However, it’s Alice's classics I want to hear, Billion Dollar Babies, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Only Women Bleed and my favorite – I’m Eighteen. If you want to check out his new CD or his radio show follow the links below.

Alice Cooper's MySpace Page
Nights With Alice Cooper Radio Show

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Hey I love your blog and added you to my links, thanks for adding me to yours. Alice is one of the few I have never seen either - he doesn't seem to have plans to visit the LA area right now :(

The Rock Brigade Blogger said...

Hey thanks for linking me up too. I also enjoy your blog very much. I'll be posting all the Alice Cooper details on here after the show for sure. Cheers!