Saturday, July 19, 2008

Def Leppard and Poison Feud

There’s an interesting war of words playing out between Poison and Def Leppard. It always troubles me when bands start doing this, and it amazes me how fueled fans get over it all. All bands have a fan base and have something to offer those who enjoy listening to their music. I’ve always come from the school of thought just like what you like, and you shouldn’t have to defend it. Many of my metalhead friends can’t handle the fact that I love metal, but also listen to Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, etc. I always say why not?

On the Def Leppard website it is indicated that this is not a serious feud, but mostly friendly banter. I guess it’s all good publicity for those involved either way. If you want to check it out head on over to the Def Leppard website where they provide a decent summary and links to get all the details. Not being biased here either, at the time of writing this, I couldn’t find anything on the Poison website on the matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m die hard def leppard fan..I’ve seen them 6 times. First time on the hysteria tour with euope opening. I’m also a poison fan and have seen them 3 times. I think joe got a little cocky because he sold a lot of records in 1988 and 1984. His slamming of poison is not fair, they put on a killer show to this day. And now I here they touring together this summer, so maybe it was all a publicity stunt. A good one I’ll give them that…