Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Heart of Rock and Roll is Still Beating!

Pictured above is a shirt my wife bought me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. She knows me so well!

Well, life sure has taken a busy turn lately. My updates on here have been scattered as a result. I have my hands on the new Metallica album and have only managed one complete listen from start to finish so far. I usually like to give a few good listens before writing a review, but my early impressions are fantastic. I hope to write more on it sooner than later.

I am also hoping to pick up a copy of Manraze’s Surreal album. This is Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen’s side project, which features drummer Paul Cook formerly of the Sex Pistols and base guitarist Simon Laffy formerly of 70’s glam band Girl, which also featured Phil Collen. The single Turn it Up sounds great and I can’t wait to hear the rest. Hopefully, time will allow me to do so soon.

I have a few other things that I have been putting together and hope to post soon. I have been attempting to put together a list of my favorite rock ballads. I am finding this quite challenging because I never really enjoyed ballads. There are a few that I gave into over the years, and admittedly a lot of them are the cheesy ones from the glory days of hair metal.

So, I’ll be back soon. Thanks to everyone for continuing to drop by. Despite the busy schedule lately, I still plan on keeping this blog alive.

3 comments:

Mr. Mike said...

That's an awesome shirt! Look forward to reading your posts whenever you can make them, this is a great blog.

Bar L. said...

Hey happy belated birthday! Great shirt and its so true !!!

The Rock Brigade Blogger said...

Mike and Barbara,

Thanks to you both. And you both have great blogs that I check out regularly!!

All the best!!